While resolving any errors in a computer system you should first have to know about the different properties of a computer system. Following are some basic properties typically found in a computer system.
Find Your Version Of Windows
It will really help you to find out the latest hardware and software pieces for your system if you know what version of windows you are using. Follow the steps to find out your version of windows.
- On your Desktop right click on My Computer Icon. You can also find out the My Computer Icon by clicking the start button at the bottom left corner of Windows.
- Select the properties and windows will opens. You will see the version of windows there.
Find Your Hard Drive’s Size and Remaining Space
A hard drive stores all the programs and data on your computer. Generally a computer becomes slow when the memory in the hard disk is full so you should know how much space is left so that you can utilize the remaining space accordingly.
Following steps will helps you in finding the total size and space of a hard disk.
- On your Desktop double click the My Computer Icon
- A Windows opens. Here you will find the partitions of your hard disk generally start with C Drive, D Drive etc.
- Right click on the icon for the hard drive you want to check i.e. if you want to check the space for C drive just right click on C drive and similarly for D or other drives. After that click on properties.
- A window will open. On General tab you will find out the used space and free space of your hard drive.
Find Out the Version of USB
USB Generally comes in two versions USB 1.1 which is bit slower and USB 2.1 which is faster than USB 1.1. Follow the steps to know which version of USB you are using.
- On Your Desktop right click on My Computer Icon.
- Select Properties.
- Windows will open. Select the hardware tab.
- Click the Device Manager Button.
- Another Windows Opens. Click the plus (+) sign next to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers Category.