Computer is a great device which solves complex problems in a short span of time. But you should be ready when something will go wrong with your PC. Please remember that not all type of computer problems are complex but they can be solved by taking some simple steps which I will be going to share with you.
Troubleshooting Computer Problems
When you get some problem in your PC you should not get yourself in a panic mood. Instead you should find the ways by which you can solve your problem in a logical manner. Here are some steps which will help you to track down the problems.
- Check that everything is plugged into the right place: Sometimes you forget to plug some wire or other device which can cause the problem. You should check for any loose connections in your computer system.
- Make sure you have latest software installed: Sometimes device drivers can cause the problem if they are not updated so please make sure you have updated your system with latest software so that system become compatible.
- Malfunctioning USB Hub: If you have a USB hub, please disconnect it for few hours to see if it is the source of problem.
- Check Your Antivirus: Sometimes Anti virus software can cause the problems because of some corrupt file. You should check that your antivirus is running properly and is up to date.
- When all Fails, you should call in your professional: When you have tried your best and still you can’t able to find the root cause of the problem don’t get yourself indulge with your computer instead call your computer professional so that he can rectify the problem.
Fixing Up Some Common Computer Problems
Here are some common problems which you can identify and fix on your own but remember you should always call for professional help if you can’t fix it on your own.
Hard Drive Being Accessed Continuously
Sometimes it happens that you notice that your hard drive is working continuously and the light on the front panel of your computer constantly flashes. This indicates that you don’t have enough RAM on your computer. In this case please add more memory to your system. It is advised to add twice as much as your current RAM.
Poor Image Quality on Your Computer
Image quality should be sharp in order to view them correctly but due to some wrong computer monitor setting you get the poor images. Here is a way to rectify it:
- Change your screen resolution i.e. if your current screen resolution is 800 by 600 pixels then change it to 1,024 by 768 pixels. Higher the resolution better will be the image quality.
- Check the monitor’s video cable to see if it has some bent or missing pins. If pins are missing then you have to replace it.
- Sometimes playing video games makes the images poor on the game itself which means you need to change your video card and get a new one which can handle the advanced graphics properly.
Flickering of Computer Screen
If your computer screen is constantly blinking or flickering its mean your computer’s refresh rate is too low. If your current refresh rate is 60 Hz then increase it to 70 or 75 Hz. If this doesn’t solve the problem then you need to change your monitor.
New Hardware Doesn’t Work
If you have just installed a new piece of hardware on your computer system and it’s not working properly then please follow the following steps:
- You should read the manual of installing the hardware carefully and follow the instructions given.
- Make sure that hardware is hooked up properly into its place. Also check that the hardware is not loose and its connection to computer is tight and secure.
- Try installing and then reinstalling the hardware.
- Try to update the device driver for that particular hardware.
- If all fails then call the support executive for further assistance.
These are some basic steps of troubleshooting your computer. But always remember that what a professional engineer can do you can’t do it on your own and yes never try to do it on your own.